At Titles of Dakota, we appreciate your business and the trust you have placed in us. Our privacy philosophy reflects the value of your trust. We are committed to protecting the personal data we obtain about you. We do not sell personal data. In order to provide services or products to you, we may use your personal data.
Personal data that may be required from you so we can provide you with the products or services requested.
- Your Name and address
- Your marital status and name of spouse, if married.
- Social security number or taxpayer identification number
- Your Mortgage Loan number & Lender’s Address (needed for escrow closings)
- Name and address of your Lender
- Your Realtor
- Your Surveyor
- Any information shown on escrow closing documents provided to us from your Lender.
What do we do with your personal data?
We comply with Federal and State requirements related to the protection and use of your data. This means that we only share data where we are permitted or required to do so. We also may be required to obtain your authorization before disclosing certain types of personal data.
We may use your data in order to:
- Process orders for Title Insurance, Owner’s & Encumbrance Reports and Abstracts
- Process Settlement Statements
- Process all escrow closing documentation need to close the transaction
- Prevent fraud
- Comply with regulatory requirements
We do not sell personal data about current or former customers or their file information. We do not share your personal data for marketing purposes with anyone. When affiliates or outside companies perform a service on our behalf, we may share your personal data with them. We require them to protect your personal data, and we only permit them to use your personal data to perform these services.
Examples of outside parties who may receive your data are:
- Our Title Insurance Underwriter
- Your realtor, agent or representative
- State or Federal authorities
- Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, insurance, other title insurance companies and title insurance underwriters.
How do we protect your personal data?
In order to protect your personal data, we maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards. We review these safeguards regularly in keeping with technological advancements. We restrict access to your personal data. We also train our employees in the proper handing of your personal data.
Our commitment to keeping you informed.